Alzheimer recovery is possible. A recent study on patients with Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) found that less than a gram (1,000 mg.) of turmeric daily, taken for three months, resulted in ‘remarkable improvements.’
(Dear readers, if there is any way possible for you to use my affiliate links, it would be a help in covering some of the time it takes to write this free resource. All the links on this website are for products that I love and are helpful. I would share these links for purposes of encouraging families even if not an affiliate. I sincerely thank you!)
A Disturbingly Common Modern Rite of Passage
AD is considered the most common form of dementia, and is defined as a serious loss of cognitive function in previously unimpaired persons, beyond what is expected from normal aging.
A 2006 study estimates that 26 million people worldwide suffer from Alzheimer’s and that by 2050, it will have quadrupled to 1 in 85 persons with the disease.
The 4 billion dollar per year blockbuster Alzheimer’s drug donepezil (trade name Aricept) carries an alarmingly high risk for seizures, according to World Health Organization statistics, so we need to rely on time-tested, safe, and otherwise natural therapies.
Turmeric Is Inexpensive, Effective For Alzheimer’s Disease
PubMed and NCBI reported a published journal study entitled “Effects of turmeric on Alzheimer’s disease with behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia.” Researchers outlined patients with Alzheimer’s disease whose behavioral symptoms were “improved remarkably” as a result of consuming 764 milligram of turmeric for 12 weeks.
It was noted that the patients “exhibited irritability, agitation, anxiety, and apathy, two patients suffer from urinary incontinence and wanderings. They were prescribed turmeric powder capsules and started recovering from these symptoms without any adverse reaction in the clinical symptom.” After only 3 months of treatment, both the patients’ symptoms and the burden on their caregivers were significantly decreased.
The GreenMedInfo database contains 30 studies that are directly connected to turmeric’s anti-Alzheimer’s disease properties.
Two of these studies are particularly promising. They reveal that curcumin helps clear the pathological amyloid–beta plaque in Alzheimer’s disease patients, and in combination with vitamin D3 the neurorestorative process is further enhanced.
Beside Preventing and Reversing Alzheimer’s Disease, YOU can search other benefits and review over 5,000 study abstracts on turmeric or curcumin from the National Library of Medicine’s bibliographic database PubMed.
Some of the most amazing demonstrated properties include:
- Destroying Cancer Stem Cells (arguably, the root of all cancer)
- Protecting Against Radiation-Induced Damage
- Reducing Unhealthy Levels of Inflammation
- Prevention and Treatment of Liver Disease and Liver Cancer
- Has Metal-Chelating Properties 
- Is Anti-Oxidative
Consider the fact that turmeric grows freely on earth and is available inexpensively to all, and you will understand why its very existence threatens billions of dollars in pharmaceutical industry revenue. Equipped with knowledge, consumers have the potential to undermine their goal of drugging America and the world.
Alzheimer Recovery Begins with These Foods
Science now confirms the modern kitchen contains other anti-Alzheimer’s disease items. Top of the list, of course, is turmeric. Others include:
- Coconut Oil: This remarkable substance is capable of improving symptoms of cognitive decline in those suffering from dementia by increasing brain-boosting ketone bodies, and perhaps more remarkably, within only one dose, and within only two hours. 
- Cocoa: A 2009 study found that cocoa procyanidins may protect against neuronal cell death in a manner relevant to Alzheimer’s disease. 
How I Take Turmeric
1. For traveling or days I’m extra busy, I use Turmeric Capsulesand take 2-4/day (2 AM and 2 PM). These are a whole ground turmeric root with black pepper added. It helps with other aging issues, as well.
3. And I add it to my food using fresh ground organic turmeric herb. How to Make (and Use) Highly Bio-available Turmeric Golden Paste. I also really like the Bulk Herb Store product.
When cooking with turmeric powder, the University of Maryland recommends up to 3 grams per day. One teaspoon is equal to ~2,000 mg. 1½ teaspoons of ground turmeric powder is ~3,000 mg. Remember to add a dash of black pepper!
I’m so thankful there are safe and logical natural alternatives that do a fabulous job of helping our body to heal itself – all with no side effects. I believe we save money and potentially untold grief by staying out of the health care system as we know it today.
Disclaimer: I am no longer a practicing professional, and am I not a doctor. I am a mother. I do seek scientific confirmation of the safety and effectiveness of the herbs and remedies I use. Using remedies is a personal decision. Nothing I say on this blog is intended to treat or prevent disease. Consult your doctor.
For Pinning and sharing:
Thanks for reading!