Have you ever heard of Salt Sole? This is what our naturopath and another doctor friend told us to give my husband when he had a heart arrhythmia to see if it was a simple mineral deficiency – and indeed it was! Let me tell you about Salt Sole, but first let me lay necessary groundwork.
Salt is essential and basic to all life – we cannot live without it. But most people just don’t realize that there are immense differences between the pure white, refined cooking-salt you find on tables in restaurants verses natural health-promoting salt. Man-altered table salt is stripped of minerals and bleached, not like God’s wonderful creation at all. Himalayan salt is mined from mountainous sea beds far from industrialization, so it is pure and free from modern environmental toxins. Sea salts, while still excellent, are becoming more contaminated as the oceans fill up with toxins.
These differences can have a major impact on our staying healthy.
Natural sea salt contains ninety-some essential minerals, whereas refined, adulterated salt (a byproduct of the chemical industry) contains only two elements, sodium (Na) and chlorine (Cl). Himalayan salt contains all of the minerals and trace elements found in your body and all of them are available in colloidal form – meaning they are so small your cells can readily absorb them.
Minerals in Himalayan Pink Salt – Spectral Analysis: 94 trace minerals, electrolytes, and elements.
“Each of the ionized minerals in the sole represents the ionized minerals naturally occurring in your blood. And each mineral element carries its own unique vibration or frequency pattern of energy.”
I know the above statement is true from my classes in nursing school and believe the claims of generation of energy for the body. When salt and water collide, water is no longer water, and salt is not salt anymore. This chemical combination produces a release of energy available to your body. Many in the scientific community (here, here, here) are now working on harnessing this release of energy when natural salt and water come together on a larger scale. The human body can benefit from it, too, with a properly prepared Sole.
We’ve all been told for so many years that salt is damaging, so the thought of drinking salt water may be pretty illogical, but it turns out that this concentrated solution can have a variety of health-supporting uses.
Salt Sole Health Benefits
Dr. Mercola discusses the numerous health benefits:
- Sole is most effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats.
- Sole is a strong natural antihistamine.
- Sole can dissolve and eliminate sediments which lead to stones and various forms of rheumatism like arthritis and kidney and gall bladder stones.
- Sole can balance the alkalinity/acidity [pH] of the body and normalize blood pressure.
- Sole is vital for clearing up congestion of the sinuses.
- Sole is essential for the prevention of muscle cramps.
- Sole can help with skin diseases by cleaning from inside out.
- Sole is vital for the clearance of the lungs of mucous plugs and sticky phlegm, particularly in asthma and cystic fibrosis.
- It is vital for sleep regulation. It is a natural hypnotic.
- It is vital to the extraction of excess acidity from the cells in the body, particularly the brain cells.
- It is vital for balancing the sugar levels in the blood; a crucial element for diabetes sufferers.
- It is vital for the generation of hydroelectric energy in your body’s cells.
- It is vital to the nerve cells for communication and information processing.
- It is vital for absorption of food particles through the intestinal tract.
- Sole is absolutely vital to making the structure of bones firm. Osteoporosis, in many ways, is a result of mineral and water shortage in the body.
- A little Sole on the tongue will help stop persistent dry coughs.
- It can help restore magnesium when you have a migraine.
A study conducted at the University of Graz in Austria found that people who drank water containing Himalayan crystal salt daily experienced improvement in respiratory conditions, organ functions, and connective tissues. Participants also reported sleeping better and having more energy. The study noted a boost in the ability to achieve higher concentration levels. Some of the study participants stated they lost unwanted weight while others involved in the study showed enhanced hair and nail growth. For a complete summary of this medical study please refer to the book Water & Salt – The Essence of Life.
How To Make Salt Sole
What You Will Need:
- A glass jar (mine is 6″ tall)
- A plastic lid, non-metal (like this one)
- Himalayan, Celtic, or Real Salt (see sources below)
- Filtered water (ours is filtered by our Berkey)
- Fill the jar about ¼ of the way with Himalayan Salt, Real Salt or Celtic Salt (or a mixture)
- Add filtered water to fill the jar, leaving room at the top
- Cap jar and shake gently
- Leave on the counter overnight to let the salt fully dissolve
- In the morning, if there is still some salt on the bottom of the jar, the water has absorbed its maximum amount and it is ready for use. If not, add more salt and repeat (shake and wait overnight) until there is salt remaining at the bottom of the jar. This means that the water is fully saturated.
Consume every morning on an empty stomach. Do not stir. Take *2-3 tsp. of the Sole from the top of the Sole and add it into a glass of water. Do not use a metal utensil. A wooden or plastic spoon is preferred, but do not leave it sitting in the Sole.
*One teaspoon of Himalayan Sole (and other unrefined salt) contains approximately 412 mg. of unprocessed, natural sodium. The USDA also states that the body absolutely requires a minimum of 500 mg. of sodium per day just to live.
Never Buy Minerals Again
You can store Sole at room temp. It will last indefinitely as salt is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal so you should never have to buy minerals again unless you run out of salt! More water and salt can be added as needed to keep up the amount in the jar.
Best Unrefined Salts:
You can usually find Real Salt, Celtic, and Himalayan Salt at your health food store. If you can’t, you can find it here online. Here are many options for price comparison:
- Himalayan Pink Sal
- Selina Naturally Celtic Salt
- Celtic Sea Salt, light grey
- Real Salt
- Himalayan Pink Salt
Thanks for reading!