A button battery can kill your young child. It nearly happened to Emmett Rauch. Little children love to explore, and when they find something new (like a shiny little button battery), what’s the first thing they do? They put it in their mouths.
The small hi-tech lithium button battery hidden in remote controls can burn holes in children’s throats – and the number of cases has doubled
66% of parents have never heard of dangers
Most common injuries come from swallowing batteries from remote controls
I overheard a distraught mother telling of her inquisitive young child and a Google search that went wrong right before her eyes. It took her by surprise, but she was thankful she was there. She was able to quickly intervene and later corrected the problem with the proper filters so it couldn’t happen again.
Unfortunately, a parent can’t always be there. Some kids may innocently stumble upon inappropriate content while other kids seek it out intentionally.
We live in a culture that practices little to no self-control. It tells us, “Go ahead, eat the marshmallow”(or that cookie). You deserve it!
Our kids are being programmed to want more, more, more. I am not grumbling here, but one just wonders why so many young people today have this inflated sense of entitlement and so little self-control. Who or what are the culprits?