The Center for Disease Control (CDC) issued a recommendation in 2011 that pregnant women receive the Tdap shot at 20 weeks of pregnancy. Tdap combines the Diptheria, Tetanus and Pertussis (whooping cough) vaccines into a single stick.
This recommendation was in response to continued outbreaks of whooping cough around the United States. One recent outbreak was located in Washington State with 2,786 reported cases.
Get my free printable vaccine e-book here!
Pertussis Vaccine Only 45% Effective in Vaccinated Preschoolers
- pertussis vaccine effectiveness among preschool children was estimated to be about 45%.
Then a study published in Pediatrics concluded that:
- Tdap vaccine effectiveness was only 69% among 1200 California adolescents given Tdap during pertussis outbreaks between 2010 and 2014.
- Vaccine effectiveness dropped to less than 9% after four years.
- Yet, despite Tdap coverage of more than 90% in N. California, they had the highest incidence of pertussis.
Their Solution? Vaccinate Pregnant Women
After confirming the ineffectiveness of pertussis vaccine to prevent infection and asymptomatic transmission among vaccinated children, the public health official authors of the October 2015 Pediatrics study nevertheless concluded that, “Strong support of vaccination during pregnancy is needed to maximize the protection of infants in the first critical months of life.”
How sad that instead of simply informing the public that the pertussis vaccine is a failure, health officials clinging to vaccine orthodoxy are pushing pertussis vaccine risks on vulnerable pregnant women and have been doing that since 2011, without proving safety or effectiveness first.
Protecting Our Babies
It was the early 90s when I learned I was finally going to become a Mom. I instinctively knew I needed to be careful when I was pregnant, especially during the first two trimesters when the brain and major organ systems of the baby develop incredibly fast. We learned from a high publicity case in the 1960’s where babies were being born without arms or legs because women took a drug (Thalidomide) for morning sickness in the 1st or 2nd trimester of pregnancy, and I wanted to make sure I did everything I could to protect my health and the health of my baby.
Mothers-to-be in my generation were told to take extra vitamins and eat nutritious food but, most of all, to avoid anything that could harm the developing fetus like cigarettes, alcohol, medications, household cleaning products, radiation and other toxic exposures. As an RN, I learned of the risks of anesthesia during delivery. Many friends were signing up for Lamaze classes to prepare for a drug-free birth, which many obstetricians discouraged. Many of us chose to breastfeed, even though a lot of pediatricians were pushing formula and bottles back then.
Today, pregnant women face a different set of difficult questions and choices about keeping themselves and their babies healthy. Among them are whether or not to get vaccinations during pregnancy that public health officials, obstetricians and pediatricians say will protect pregnant women and their newborns from getting sick with influenza and B. pertussis whooping cough.
When a doctor recommends a certain prenatal treatment such as the flu or Tdap shot, it seems logical that most pregnant patients will trust their doctor’s advice, assuming that the shot has been proven safe and won’t in any way harm the baby.
Many Reasons To Question This Shot If You Are Pregnant
- FACT: Injuries and deaths from pertussis-containing vaccines are the most compensated claims in the federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) and influenza vaccine injuries and deaths are the second most compensated claim.38
- FACT: Drug companies did not test the safety and effectiveness of giving influenza or Tdap vaccine to pregnant women before the vaccines were licensed in the U.S.1213 and there is almost no data on inflammatory or other biological responses to these vaccines that could affect pregnancy and birth outcomes.14
- FACT: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) lists influenza and Tdap vaccines as either Pregnancy Category B or C biologicals15 which means that adequate testing has not been done in humans to demonstrate safety for pregnant women and it is not known whether the vaccines can cause fetal harm or affect reproduction capacity. The manufacturers of influenza and Tdap vaccines state that human toxicity and fertility studies are inadequate and warn that the influenza and Tdap vaccines should “be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.”161718
- FACT: The FDA has licensed Tdap vaccines to be given once as a single dose pertussis booster shot to individuals over 10 or 11 years old. The CDC’s recommendation that doctors give every pregnant woman a Tdap vaccination during every pregnancy – regardless of whether a woman has already received one dose of Tdap – is an off-label use of the vaccine.37
- FACT: Infant and Maternal Mortality Rates High in America. More than 3x the risk of pregnancy-related deaths than three decades ago (1987-2014).
- FACT: Health in the U.S. on Such A Steep Decline (Childhood Disability Rate Jumps 16% Over Past Decade)
- FACT: “Findings show a counter-intuitive relationship: nations that require more vaccine doses have higher infant mortality rates.“
The whole ‘vaccinate pregnant women’ movement is a response to the failure of cocooning!
The man who speaks in this video is pretty cocky, in my humble opinion, but he knows his stuff, so I’m going to share it. It is like 11 minutes but worth it so show how we are being fooled. The 2 conflicting studies he discusses by the CDC and FDA are linked right below:
Study #1 Pregnancy and Whooping Cough: Surrounding Babies with Protection (cocooning) (This CDC study is still able to be found and causing much serious illness and misinformation.)
Study #2 Acellular pertussis vaccines protect against disease but fail to prevent infection and transmission in baboons. This shows why if you vaccinate for pertussis, you become a asymptomatic carrier – you spread the disease! You just don’t cough as bad!
What to Expect If You Go To A Sick or Well Baby Visit
If you are pregnant and have other children, be aware that the American Academy of Pediatrics is urging pediatricians to vaccinate parents bringing their children in for sick or well baby visits, especially pregnant women.
If an obstetrician or pediatrician pressures you to get vaccinated while you are pregnant, ask the doctor to show you the science. If you conclude the vaccine’s benefits do not outweigh the risks for you and your baby but are threatened or sanctioned in any way for making an informed choice, you should find another doctor who will treat you with respect and honor your health care choices.
Finally, those trying to teach about vaccine dangers have only one motivation: to prevent more suffering. We have either witnessed it first hand in our own family or know those who have.
All those years ago, it wasn’t too late for me to change my mind when I saw what it did to our first child, and it’s not too late for you to change your mind, either.
Get my free printable vaccine e-book here!
Author’s Note:You may have noticed that I have taken all the Pinterest images on my vaccine posts down. Pinterest has sent me an email which basically explained that if you question vaccines you cannot be on Pinterest. Even if you just question the ingredients. Back in September and October, I had 2 very large, whole boards permanently removed. They were just gone!
I’m going to seriously ask you to please take a quick minute today and please follow, subscribe and like EACH of the social media platforms I have that you are on, while we still have them. And, quite frankly, the bigger we are on each of these, the more people we reach so they can make better informed decisions for themselves.
I can also use your support along with well over 45,000 other readers at http://Facebook.com/deeprootsathome/ (please like, follow and click “see first” under follow or I won’t show up much at all).
There is a lot you will find via my emails you won’t see on the blog. To subscribe, just click https://deeprootsathome.com/connect to opt in.
Following and pinning from my Pinterest also helps as there is so much more besides these posts represented there: https://www.pinterest.com/deeprootsathome/boards/
Thanks for reading!