As Russia’s invasion of Ukraine continues, the placement of Russia’s nuclear arsenal on alert and attacks on Ukraine’s nuclear facilities is driving the demand for potassium iodide pills. The current crisis has led to a run on all forms of potassium iodide in both Europe and in the U.S.
Anbex, Inc., which supplies the pills to many retailers, is completely out of stock and won’t have new stock until early April.
The reason it’s sold out is that potassium iodide can offer limited protection for radioactive material released during such a nuclear incident.
But potassium iodide is not a “magic bullet” for radiation protection.
Potassium iodide, (KI), only offers the thyroid gland protection against internal radiation from radioactive iodine (radioiodine) taken into the body. It will NOT protect against external or internal radiation from radionuclides other than radioiodine. Potassium iodide, if taken either before or very soon after a radioactive material release, and if taken in the proper dose, will block the uptake of radioiodine by the thyroid.
That means when a person takes potassium iodide in the usually recommended dose of 130 milligrams for adults, the thyroid becomes saturated with stable iodine, becoming “full” and meaning the gland can’t absorb radioiodine. A single dose protects the thyroid gland for just 24 hours. (source)
This is NOT a strategy that should be used as a long-term preventive because it only protects your thyroid for one to three days, no longer, and taking it when not absolutely necessary could result in thyrotoxicosis.
‘How to Use Potassium Iodide After a Nuclear Emergency‘ (FDA Dosages): PDF
- Adults take one dose of 130mg of potassium iodide per day.
- Children who are 3-18 and weigh less than 150 pounds take a half dose (65mg)
- Children 1 month to 3 years take a quarter dose (32.5mg)
- Infants up to one month take a eight dose (16.25mg)
Children are particularly vulnerable to radioiodine absorption by the thyroid gland, meaning that alongside pregnant women, they should be prioritized in the distribution of potassium iodide pills.
People should not take potassium iodide if they are allergic to iodine or are hyperthyroid.
**For the FULL PROTOCOL (including NAC) to protect from transmission from the “V” and to help those who took the “V”, go here.
Now switching gears…
Below the video, I’ll share 2 other ways to get the levels needed should you not have KI in hand.
Looking Beyond Emergency Use: Why is Daily Iodine SO important
Dr. Berg clearly explains the irreplaceable value of iodine all the time, not just in an emergency. It will open your eyes to why iodine deficiency drives so many health problems today (weight gain, brain fog, fibrocystic breast, PCOS, cravings in pregnancy, prostate enlargement, depression, starting at 10:30:00).
At 14:40: To address the health issues mentioned in the video, Dr. Berg mentioned 3-6 capsules/day of 600 mg of sea kelp to get enough daily iodine. However, I do not believe this would be enough in event of fallout.
Other Alternatives to Potassium Iodide in a Nuclear Emergency? Yes!
1. Lugol’s 2% solution can also protect the thyroid from radiation injury. Lugol’s 2% is a liquid combination of potassium iodide and iodine first formulated in 1829 by Dr. Jean Lugol. At the 2% concentration, 1 drop = approximately 2.5 – 3 mg of iodine. 20 drops equals a milliliter. Therefore, 1 milliliter (20 drops) of 2% Lugol’s equals about 65 mg, the same dose as a Thyrosafe tablet. (source- Joseph Alton, MD, Survival Medicine)
- The daily adult dose of Lugol’s 2% is 130 mg. in a radiation event, so 2 milliliters (40 drops) orally should be sufficient to block radioactive iodine in those over 12 years of age and over 150 pounds (about 70 kg).
- For children over the age of 3 – or adults less than 150 pounds, 1 milliliter (20 drops) or 65 mg. should suffice as a daily dose.
- For small children over 1 months to three years, ½ milliliter (10 drops) or 32 mg iodine should be enough.
- For newborns, ¼ ml (5 drops) or 16 mg.
Lugol’s should be followed by a full glass of water, juice, milk, or broth.
2. Most people in Japan consume 14.5 gm of seaweed a day, according to their public health officials, and they are extremely healthy. They don’t need to take potassium iodide tablets for fallout. They consume enough iodine in the seaweed they eat. (source)
Is There Anything Known (Tested) to Remove Radiation Particles (Fallout) From the Body?
When I’m asked, “Will Advanced TRS (a nanozeolite clinoptilolite) remove radiation particles or radioactive elements?“, I can reply, “Yes“. Science shows that it does.
“Advanced TRS will only remove physical radioactive particles that are positively charged. It will not remove radiation such as x-rays because the x-ray exists only transiently in your tissues during the procedure. However, ATRS may remove some of the acidic byproducts created by such energies.” ~source FAQ page
Zeolites’ binding power was proven during the Chernobyl disaster, when tons of impure earth-mined zeolites were used to remove radioactive cesium and strontium-90 before they contaminated local water systems.” (source) Now we have a pure source in Advanced TRS, a 2-ingredient nano-zeolite spray product for oral or topical use.
(See this definitive PubMed study stating, “zeolites are among the most important inorganic cation exchangers and are used in industrial applications for drinking water and waste water treatment, nuclear waste, agriculture…”
Please use my personal link to purchase TRS. My family has used TRS to detoxify since July of 2019. We also have 3 grandchildren who are “TRS babies”.
**For the FULL PROTOCOL (including NAC)to protect from transmission from the “V” and to help those who took the “V”, go here.
“‘Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,’ says the LORD.” ~Isaiah 54:10
We have a HUGE, exciting announcement. Deep Roots At Home now has a PODCAST! We are doing this on a trial period to see if this interests our audience. So head over today and like, share and download the first few episodes! https://buff.ly/3KmTZZd
I am only on FB now by the grace of God… if you want to stay connected, here is one way…