In the early 90s, with the help of high-tech surgery, I learned I was finally going to become a Mom. I instinctively knew I needed to be careful when I was pregnant, especially during the first two trimesters when the brain and major organ systems of the baby develop incredibly fast.
Moms-to-be in my generation were told to take extra folic acid in their multivitamins and eat nutritious food but also to avoid anything that could harm the developing baby like cigarettes, alcohol, medications, cleaning products, radiation and other toxic exposures. We signed up for Lamaze classes to prepare for a drug-free birth, which many obstetricians discouraged. Many of us chose to breastfeed, even though a lot of pediatricians were pushing formula and bottles back then.
Today, pregnant moms face a different set of questions and choices. Among them are whether or not to get vaccinations while pregnant that public health officials and pediatricians say will protect pregnant women and their newborns from getting sick with influenza and B. pertussis whooping cough.
When a doctor recommends a certain prenatal treatment such as the flu or Tdap shot, at first glance, it seems logical that most pregnant patients will trust their doctor’s advice, assuming that the shot has been proven safe and won’t in any way harm the baby.
Protecting Our Pregnant Moms and Babies
Giving special care to the mom and developing baby is not the norm anymore.
Parents are often told they themselves need the pertussis vaccine to protect their baby from whooping cough once they go home.
But now we know that this shot does not protect an individual from passing the whooping cough organism to another individual even if the vaccinated person doesn’t get sick/ or look sick themselves!
The developer of many vaccines, Dr. Stanley Plotkin, testified himself under oath the pertussis vaccine is ineffective (as well as the video telling us of all the numerous allergens he designed into the vaccines!):
Yet, the CDC persists in recommending that pregnant women receive the ineffective Tdap shot at 20 weeks of pregnancy.
Tdap combines the Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis (whooping cough) vaccines into a single toxin-laden shot (see pg 1-2 for full ingredients).
The whooping cough vaccine doesn’t work.
And whooping cough cannot be prevented even with all 5 shots. Learn why at 2:30!
Solid Reasons to Say No If You Are Pregnant
- FACT: Injuries and deaths from pertussis-containing vaccines are the most compensated claims in the federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).38
- FACT: Drug companies did not test the safety and effectiveness of giving influenza or Tdap vaccine to pregnant women before the vaccines were licensed in the U.S.1213 and there is almost no data on inflammatory or other biological responses to these vaccines that could affect pregnancy and birth outcomes.14
- FACT: The FDA lists flu and Tdap vaccines as either Pregnancy Cat. B or C biologicals15 which means that testing has not been done in humans to demonstrate safety for pregnant women and it is not known whether the vaccines can cause fetal harm or affect reproduction capacity. They warn that the influenza and Tdap vaccines should “be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.”161718
- FACT: The CDC’s recommendation that doctors give every pregnant woman a Tdap vaccination during every pregnancy – regardless of whether a woman has already received one dose of Tdap – is an off-label use of the vaccine.37
- FACT: Infant and Maternal Mortality Rates High in America. More than 3x the risk of pregnancy-related deaths than three decades ago (1987-2014)
- FACT: Health in the U.S. on Such A Steep Decline (Childhood Disability Rate Jumps 16% Over Past Decade)
- FACT: “Findings show a counter-intuitive relationship: nations that require more vaccine doses have higher infant mortality rates.“
Have you been pressured?
If an obstetrician or pediatrician pressures you to get vaccinated while you are pregnant, ask the doctor to show you the science. If you are threatened or sanctioned in any way for making an informed choice, you should find another doctor who will treat you with respect and honor your health care choices.
Finally, those trying to teach about vaccine dangers have only one motivation: to prevent more suffering. We have either witnessed it first hand in our own family or know those who have.
All those years ago, it wasn’t too late for me to change my mind when I saw what it did to our first child, and it’s not too late for you to change your mind, either.
Get my free “Vital Vaccine Info” printable e-book here!
Jacqueline’s Note: You may notice that I’ve taken all the Pinterest images on my vaccine posts (including Gardasil) and transgender and government school sex education posts down. They would call these posts ‘hate speech’.
Pinterest has sent me an email which basically explained that if you question vaccines (or these other topics) you cannot be on Pinterest. Even if you just question the ingredients. Back in September and October, I had 2 very large, whole boards permanently removed. They were just gone!
I’m going to seriously ask you to please take a quick minute today and please follow, subscribe and like EACH of the social media platforms I have that you are on, while we still have them. And, quite frankly, the bigger we are on each of these, the more people we reach so they can make better informed decisions for themselves.
I could really use your support along with well over 48,000 other readers at http://Facebook.com/deeprootsathome/ (please like, follow and click “see first” under follow or I won’t show up much).
There is a lot you will find via my emails you won’t see on the blog. To subscribe, just click https://deeprootsathome.com/connect to opt in.
Following and pinning from my Pinterest also helps as there is so much more besides these posts represented there: https://www.pinterest.com/deeprootsathome/boards/
Thanks for reading!