The novel coronavirus outbreak is causing me to assess our home medicine cabinet situation. It’s difficult to prepare for a true viral pandemic especially for those living in close proximity to others.
So how does the average person properly prepare for this type of emergency?
The best way is to create strong immune systems by taking and having proven natural remedies already IN YOUR HOME to weaken and dispose of any virus, should it be needed !
Everyone can have the simple, relatively inexpensive natural antiviral remedies I list below on hand! We are called to be wise.
Please read the details as I’ve included ‘how to’ for adults and children (and in some cases babies)!
1. High Dose Vitamin C Protects Against Viral Pandemic
Humans do not manufacture their own Vitamin C.
Physicians have demonstrated the powerful antiviral action of vitamin C for decades. There has been a lack of media coverage of this effective and successful approach against viruses in general, and coronavirus in particular. (source)
The basis for using high doses of buffered vitamin C to prevent and combat virus-caused illness may be traced back to vitamin C’s early success against polio, first reported in the late 1940s.  Further clinical evidence built up over the decades, leading to an anti-virus protocol published in 1980. 
How To Flush Your Body With Vitamin C
A Vitamin C Flush is one of the easiest and quickest detoxification methods. It’s simply introducing high amounts of vitamin C into the body at regular intervals until the intestines flush themselves with a loose stool. Choose a day at home, near the bathroom.
- Begin the cleanse first thing in the morning, before you eat. (eat normally throughout the day)
- Take 1000mg of buffered vitamin C powder in half a glass of water (or diluted fruit juice). May also use lipo-spheric C gel in 500 mg doses (babies in the cheek) or Sufficient-C (for resistant kids).
- Repeat this exactly every hour, recording it each time. You will notice your lower GI tract begin to rumble. You are looking for the bowel to pass a loose stool. Once this occurs, the flush is finished and you can taper down drinking the vitamin C over the next day.
- Your bowels should return to normal pretty quickly.
- Note what total amount of vitamin C it took to achieve bowel tolerance.
The best Vitamin C brands are the same brands Suzanne Humphries recommends for whooping cough: this one, this one, or this one or which takes a child’s needs into consideration. Also Vitamin C is recommended in pregnancy!!!!
Vitamin C Flush Tips in an acute setting
- It is recommended you use a buffered vitamin C powder, making it less acidic which reduces the risk of heartburn.
- Keep water intake up as, when bowel tolerance is reached, fluid is lost through the bowel.
- Bloating and gas may occur; keep going until you actually pass a watery stool.
- If you are normally UNHEALTHY, consider DOUBLING the vitamin C dose each hour, i.e. consume 2000 mg. of vitamin C every hour.
Studies Supporting Vitamin C High Dose Use
“I have not seen any bacterial or viral flu yet that was not cured or markedly ameliorated by massive doses of vitamin C.” ~Robert F. Cathcart, MD
2. Vitamin A & Vitamin D for Viral Pandemic
In pandemic, adults can use Vitamins A and D safely together at 100,000 IU for 3-4 days unless you are pregnant.
For children who cannot take gelcaps, 2 options: Vitamin A drops, (1 drop/d for 1 week short-term use)
OR use CLO with natural Vit. A and D indefinitely (babies do well with a smidgen (1/8th tsp) rubbed on their tummy).
Zinc is needed for immune cell development and communication and plays an important role in inflammatory response.
As early as 1967, researchers testing soy formula found that it caused negative zinc balance in every infant to whom it was given.
Zinc is the intelligence mineral; it is required for optimal brain and neurological development. As a result, deficiency of this nutrient in infants at a time when the brain is growing at its most rapid rate could have lifelong implications and possibly reduce IQ.
Zinc deficiency affects around 2 billion people worldwide and is very common in older adults. In fact, up to 30% of older adults are considered deficient in this nutrient (
- Children 4 to 10 years of age—zinc 10 -15 mg per day (may be taken for several weeks at a time, then a few weeks break, off and on)
- Children birth to 3 years of age—zinc 5 to 10 mg per day (source)
4. Quercetin w/ Bromelain, 2/day
Quercetin is helpful for both the vaccinated and those avoiding transmission.
Also documented to prevent platelet aggregation, capillary permeability, and enhances mitochondrial biogenesis.
Dr. Brownstein recommends Lugol’s at 25-50 mg. (10-20 drops) a day when really faced with a strong invader!
In the early 19th century iodine saved the lives of people who would otherwise have died from common infectious diseases such as cholera or typhoid. (source)
Lugol’s 2% drops are recommended at this rate:
One drop of lugol’s 2% equals 2.5mg
10 drops equals 25.0mg
6. Don’t Forget Elderberry Syrup and Tincture
Every household should have elderberry on hand with their high levels of Vit. C, Quercetin, and more.
Adding TRS for Immune Strength (Disclaimer TRS does NOT cure COVID-19)
TRS has a special electrical attraction for heavy metals and other positively charged toxins. These include:
- aluminum, mercury, arsenic, lead
- fluoride, gadolinium contrast in MRIs
- barium, strontium, uranium
- herbicides and pesticides
- mold and yeast toxins
- carcinogens from smoke and haze
- plastic residues
- radioactive materials in the body including cesium
And as they leave, it removes environmental toxins and metals that allow infectious invaders to thrive!
The body’s biochemistry can adjust back to health. See this definitive PubMed study.
Neurologist Dr. Teryn Clarke with her August 28, 2020, recommendations:
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Deep Roots At Home now has a PODCAST! We are covering everything from vaccines, parenting topics, alternative medicine. Head over today and like, share and download a few episodes! https://buff.ly/3KmTZZd
I’m still on FB but shadow-banned hard… If you want to stay connected, here is one way…
And please join me for my FREE newsletter. Click here.
Medical Disclaimer: I am no longer a practicing medical professional, and I am not doctor. I am a mother. I do seek scientific confirmation of the safety and effectiveness of the herbs and remedies I use. Using remedies is a personal decision. Nothing I say on this blog is intended to treat or prevent disease. Consult your own doctor.
©2023 Deep Roots at Home • All Rights Reserved