The novel coronavirus outbreak is causing me to access our home medicine cabinet situation. It’s difficult to prepare for a true viral pandemic especially for those living in close proximity to others.
So how does the average person properly prepare for this type of emergency?
The best way is to have proven natural remedies already IN YOUR HOME to weaken and dispose of any virus, should it be needed !
Everyone can have the simple, relatively inexpensive natural antiviral remedies I list below on hand!
Here is how I will care for myself and my family should it come to that. We are called to be wise.
1. High Dose Vitamin C Protects Against Viral Pandemic
Humans do not manufacture their own Vitamin C.
Physicians have demonstrated the powerful antiviral action of vitamin C for decades. There has been a lack of media coverage of this effective and successful approach against viruses in general, and coronavirus in particular. (source)
The basis for using high doses of buffered vitamin C to prevent and combat virus-caused illness may be traced back to vitamin C’s early success against polio, first reported in the late 1940s.  Further clinical evidence built up over the decades, leading to an anti-virus protocol published in 1980. 
How To Flush Your Body With Vitamin C
A Vitamin C Flush is one of the easiest and quickest detoxification methods. It’s simply introducing high amounts of vitamin C into the body at regular intervals until the intestines flush themselves with a loose stool. Choose a day at home, near the bathroom.
- Begin the cleanse first thing in the morning, before you eat. (eat normally throughout the day)
- Take 1000mg of buffered vitamin C powder in half a glass of water (or diluted fruit juice). May also use lipo-spheric C gel in 500 mg doses (babies in the cheek) or Sufficient-C (for resistant kids).
- Repeat this exactly every hour, recording it each time. You will notice your lower GI tract begin to rumble. You are looking for the bowel to pass a loose stool. Once this occurs, the flush is finished and you can taper down drinking the vitamin C over the next day.
- Your bowels should return to normal pretty quickly.
- Note what total amount of vitamin C it took to achieve bowel tolerance.
The best Vitamin C brands are the same brands Suzanne Humphries recommends for whooping cough: this one, this one, or this one or which takes a child’s needs into consideration. Also Vitamin C is recommended in pregnancy!!!!
Vitamin C Flush Tips
- It is recommended you use a buffered vitamin C powder that includes calcium ascorbate and/or potassium ascorbate, making it less acidic which reduces the risk of heartburn.
- Keep water intake up as, when bowel tolerance is reached, fluid is lost through the bowel.
- Bloating and gas may occur; keep going until you actually pass a watery stool.
- If you are normally unhealthy, consider doubling the vitamin C dose each hour, i.e. consume 2000 mg. of vitamin C every hour.
Studies Supporting Vitamin C High Dose Use
“I have not seen any bacterial or viral flu yet that was not cured or markedly ameliorated by massive doses of vitamin C.” ~Robert F. Cathcart, MD
2. Vitamin A & Vitamin D for Viral Pandemic
In pandemic, adults can use Vitamins A and D safely together at 100,000 IU for 3-4 days unless you are pregnant.
For children who cannot take gelcaps, 2 options: Vitamin A drops, (1 drop/d for 1 week short-term use) or use CLO with natural Vit. A and D indefinitely.
Zinc is needed for immune cell development and communication and plays an important role in inflammatory response.
As early as 1967, researchers testing soy formula found that it caused negative zinc balance in every infant to whom it was given.
Zinc is the intelligence mineral; it is required for optimal brain and neurological development. As a result, deficiency of this nutrient in infants at a time when the brain is growing at its most rapid rate could have lifelong implications and possibly reduce IQ.
Zinc deficiency affects around 2 billion people worldwide and is very common in older adults. In fact, up to 30% of older adults are considered deficient in this nutrient (
- Children 4 to 10 years of age—zinc 10 -15 mg per day
- Children birth to 3 years of age—zinc 5 to 10 mg per day (source)
Do I think that elderberry can trigger or make a cytokine storm more likely when you have influenza? Pediatrician Elisa song, MD doesn’t believe so.
She writes, “The centuries of use of elderberry and data on its activity against the influenza virus, its immunoprotective and antioxidant effects leave me with very little concern that its “immunostimulatory effects” will cause your immune system to go haywire. Elderberry has been shown to increase BOTH PRO-inflammatory cytokines and ANTI-inflammatory cytokines, and REDUCE oxidative stress (oxidative stress = free radicals) and may help to REGULATE inflammatory disease like autoimmunity.
There have not been case reports of elderberry-induced cytokine storms, and I have not stopped using elderberry for my kids or my patients, even with autoimmune disease. But as with anything, listen to your body, and it’s always best to check with your naturopathic or functional medicine doctor!” (source)
In lab studies, elderberry (Sambucus nigra) extracts have been found to fight off a wide variety of viruses. Anthocyanins, compounds in elderberries, block the flu virus from sticking to our cells.
See Dosages Here. In this scenario, use only when needed to prevent your immune system from depending on it!
The Sambucus nigra species of elderberry is effective against a wide range of influenza viruses including human, swine and avian strains.
Also, Dr. Brownstein recommends Lugol’s at 25-50 mg. (10-20 drops) a day when really faced with a strong invader! In the early 19th century iodine saved the lives of people who would otherwise have died from common infectious diseases such as cholera or typhoid. (source)
Lugol’s 2% drops are recommended at this rate:
One drop of lugol’s 2% equals 2.5mg
10 drops equals 25.0mg
Adding TRS for Immune Strength (TRS does NOT cure COVID-19)
TRS has a special electrical attraction for heavy metals and other positively charged toxins. These include:
- aluminum, mercury, arsenic, lead
- fluoride, gadolinium contrast in MRIs
- barium, strontium, uranium
- herbicides and pesticides
- mold and yeast toxins
- carcinogens from smoke and haze
- plastic residues
- radioactive materials in the body including cesium
And as they leave, it removes the environment that allows infectious invaders to thrive! The body’s biochemistry can adjust back to health. See this definitive PubMed study.
Neurologist Dr. Teryn Clarke with her August 28, 2020, recommendations:
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~Isaiah 41:10
Jacque’s Update: Facebook and social media platforms are cracking down on Conservative/holistic health content. Many of you have complained that you never see our content in your news feeds on social media. There are 2 ways to fight back — by joining my FREE newsletter (Click here) and by sharing this with a trusted friend(s).