As you may know, Bill Gates continues to speak about threats of bioterrorism. In a Policy Exchange interview, he added that a future pandemic may involve smallpox infection and that this scenario is more likely than a nuclear conflict.
This disclosure has heightened interest in small pox prevention and treatment in the US.
As per the NIH, Smallpox is a Category A biological agent along with anthrax, plague, botulinum toxin, and tularemia. These category agents can potentially cause high mortality rates and pose major public health risks.
Homeopathy plays a significant role as a viable form of treatment both curative and preventative for smallpox infection according to historical records.
[I have an earlier article on that which also includes herbal remedies. I have learned quite a bit more since then, so pretty much all I have learned on smallpox is in both of these posts.]
There is no cure for smallpox in mainstream treatment, but homeopathy is known to prevent infection from developing if given during a period of up to four days after a person has been exposed to the virus.
The virus is transmitted through inhaled droplets, from contact with open lesions, or from contaminated bedding.
Smallpox is a serious infectious viral disease. Some viruses are not serious, however this one is. Historically, approximately 30-50% of smallpox cases were fatal.
Main Homeopathic Protocol for Smallpox
This covers prevention and acute care. (You may want to PRINT this –and this-out).
The incubation period is 7-17 days and the disease progresses in 4 stages which lasts approximately 3 weeks altogether.
Consider having the following medicines on hand:
The first two would be preventatively used BEFORE Stage 1 fever, headache, muscle aches: they are Aconitum 200c mixed with Bryonia 30c (taken together at the same time). This is a great medicine for when you feel like you are coming down with something and you do not know yet what it is. This could be taken every 15 minutes for the first hour depending on the severity. Then “opening it up” (lengthening the time between doses).
This CAN abort a viral infection, but doesn’t always.
The homeopathic nosodes Variolinum, made from a smallpox pustule, and Malandrinum, derived from “grease”, a similar disease of horses, have both proved highly protective against smallpox epidemics in the past. Fellger reported giving Variolinum to several hundred people, none of whom were ever attacked with smallpox. The collective experience of generations of homeopaths in the pre-vaccine era provides ample documentation that smallpox can be effectively prevented or mitigated if either of these remedies is given at the time of exposure or early in the 7-17 day incubation period. (source)
At the first sign of symptoms, homeopaths recommend Variolinum 30C, followed an hour later by Variolinum 200C, and by 1M one hour after that. Thereafter the symptom picture must be allowed to develop to provide more definite indications.
Homeopathy can help people protect themselves by using Variolinum 200c in advance. It can be taken twice daily for a few days in advance for the potential of getting sick. Once you know what the incubation period is, you know someone who had it and you were exposed, then you know what is approximately the amount of time that you are going to get it.
If you don’t know what the timetable is, then you could take Variolinum 200c once a week for several weeks.
Own these medicines (there are others, but these perhaps are the most important):
- Aconitum 200
- Bryonia 30c
- Variolinum 30c
- Variolinum 200c
- Sarracenia purpura 30c or 200 ck (you can use 1000ck in the same way)
Other Places To Order: Helios in the UK, Washington Homeopathic Products (WHP), or Hahnemann Labs. WHP you will get the most for your money but are sold out on some of these. Helios is a huge pharmacy. Also, there is Pure Formulas.
Making a preparedness binder? Useful resources for this article are my first post on smallpox, a 2012 listing of useful herbs for smallpox (including patient care) and Dr. Christopher’s Herbal Legacy on Smallpox.
This section is only for caregivers and those who wish to go deeper. It goes in depth on remedies for the different stages.
However, you may want to print this to save.
Summarizing from Kate Birch’s chapter on smallpox in “Vaccine-Free Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Contagious Disease with Homeopathy“:
Smallpox is a serious infectious viral disease that resembles chickenpox. The virus is transmitted by inhaling droplets, from contact with open smallpox lesions or contaminated bedding or linens. The incubation period is 12 to 17 days, and the disease progresses in 4 stages, with last approximately 3 weeks altogether.
The 1st stage symptoms, which you usually should last 3 to 4 days, include fever, headache, muscle aches, abdominal pain, vomiting and blocky red rash.
The 2nd stage includes the development of painful smallpox lesions 1st in the mouth and then spreading to the face and forearms, then the legs and trunk.
The 3rd stage begins 3 to 4 days after onset of the rash. The lesions become raised bumps that eventually fill with clear fluid that becomes cloudy over the next few days.
The last stage is characterized by a return of a fever, and the pustules form crust that eventually fall off, leaving deep scars.
Complications include secondary skin infection, hemorrhage, pneumonia and encephalitis. There is no conventional treatment. Approximately 30 to 50% of smallpox cases prove fatal.
Oatmeal baths can sometimes help soothe the itching. It is important to keep fingernails short and clean to reduce the risk a secondary skin infection from scratching. Calendula and Hypericum tinctures applied topically can help prevent infection. Coconut oil has also mild anti bacterial/anti fungal properties that may be soothing on the skin.
Aspirin or aspirin containing products should never be consumed by anyone (especially children or teens) suffering from a virus. Reye Syndrome is a severe and potentially fatal disease affecting the brain, liver and other organ systems, and it has been linked to use of aspirin during viral illnesses.
For the prevention of smallpox, the remedy that has historically been most successful is the smallpox nosode Variolinum 30c, one dose daily for 5 days, beginning as soon as aware of smallpox outbreak in the area. It is recommended that no other remedies be taken on the same day. This remedy is considered most effective for those who have not been vaccinated. 1 month later, administered another dose a variolinum 200 C, and after another month, 1 more dose of variolinum 1M.
Also noteworthy is the remedy Malandrinum 200C for those who have been vaccinated for smallpox in the past. Taken immediately after being vaccinated for smallpox, this remedy is considered to prevent any ill effects of the vaccination. If taken before the smallpox vaccine, it may render the vaccine in effective. Administer 3 doses per week for 2 weeks. Or Malandrinum 30C, one dose daily for 1 week or as long as smallpox is present in your area.
As treatment, the following are the most popular remedies. Administer one dose every hour, reducing frequency as symptoms improve, up to 6 doses.
Smallpox remedies most useful in the 1st stage:
• Aconite napellus – for a sudden onset, high fever, restlessness, congestion of the lungs, great thirst for cold drinks, constricted pupils and stabbing tingling pain. The person feels worse from warmth and better from open air.
• Variolinum – Use for strong throat symptoms, intense itching of the skin, severe back ache with creeping chills in the back, cold feet and hands, weakness, lassitude and inability to speak. This remedy has been known to heal old smallpox scars long after the disease has passed.
• Bryonia – For high fever, headache and white then brownish tongue. The person feels worth from the least least motion, with an aversion to company. He wants to lie quietly. The eruptions are slow to appear. Other symptoms include thirst for large quantities of water at long intervals, hard, dry unproductive cough, twitching of muscles following violent cough and mild delirium. The person may say he wants to go home even though he is already at home.
• Sarracenia purpura – This remedy is useful at any stage for fever, backache, headache, sore bones, dull heavy feeling, irregular heartbeat, throbbing pains, especially in the neck, shoulders and head, photophobia and black floaters. The head feels as though it will burst from fullness.
• Belladonna – For nervousness, delirium, drowsiness with an inability to go to sleep, bright red, hot, flushed face, bright red throat and tongue, burning, throbbing pains, cold hands and feet, sudden and intense onset of symptoms, swollen glands, twitching of muscles, glassy eyes with dilated pupils, photophobia and feeling restless and agitated.
• Antimonium tartaricum – This remedy is useful at any stage, especially before the rash appears, when a dry, teasing cough is present, other symptoms include difficulty breathing, blueish or purplish face, drowsy, twitching, rattling breath, back pain, confusion, throbbing headache especially on the right, irritability, Vertigo and convulsions. The person does not want to be looked at and feels better from sitting up and from cold air.
Remedies most useful in the 2nd stage:
• Antimonium tartaricum – Use when the rash is late and appearing or is it an appearing or for pustules with a red areola that crusts and scars. Other symptoms include rattling of mucus with little expectoration , pneumonia, drowsiness, perspiration, perspiration, sensation of having cold chills, old chills, blood blood and trembling, fateness, Vertigo, despondency with but density with fear of being alone, delirium with muttering, feeling as though the head is constricted by a type…………….
• Sarracenia purpura – This remedy is useful at any stage. Symptoms include fever, backache, headache, sore bones, adult heavy filling, irregular heartbeat, throbbing pains, especially in the neck, shoulders and head, a head that feels as though it will burst from fulness, photo photophobia, black floaters and large pustules.
• Lachesis – For dark bluish suppurative skin eruptions, tender to the touch, that are worse from being covered, burning pains, delirium with trembling and confusion, inability to bear tights or constricting clothing or bandages and a yellow, dirty looking tongue. The person feels better from heat and worse on the left side. The rash comes out slowly.
• Apis – For intense itching and swelling, puffy face and eyes, stinging pains, horseness, throat pain from swallowing, lack of thirst, restlessness and chills followed by high fever, without perspiration.
Smallpox remedies most useful in the 3rd and 4th stages:
• Antimonium tartaricum – see above
• Sarracenia purpura – see above
• Thuja – For flat, painful, pustules full of milky fluid on a dark, inflamed area with pains in the upper arms, fingers, and hands, sore throat, chronic incontinence of incontinence of urine, burning sensation in the urethra, tearing pains and the muscles and joints and rapid emanciation.
• Lachesis – For dark bluish suppurative skin eruptions, tender to the touch, that are worse from being covered, burning pains, delirium with trembling and confusion, inability to bear tights or constricting clothing or bandages and a yellow, dirty looking dirty looking tongue. The person feels better from heat and worse on the left side. The rash comes out slowly.
• Rhus toxicodendron – For pustules that turn black, diarrhea with dark bloody bloody stools, pain tearing down the thighs during stool, distended abdomen, stiff, aching joints and muscles, itchy skin, tongue that is red at the tip and great thirst but no appetite. The person feels better from motion.
• Sulphur – For moist, burning, itchy, pustules filled with pale, bloody fluid that are slow to heal. The person has a strong appetite, feels worse from bathing and the heat of a bad, and wants the feet uncovered.
• Malandrinum – Use when the skin has an unnatural color between the pustules, and the smallpox pustulis smallpox pestiles are dark or blackish and clump together. Other symptoms include great itchiness, congested, red eyes, aching of the limbs , left sided headache, lethargy, weak feeling, inability to swallow, vomiting, putrid diarrhea, distended abdomen, chili, inability to sleep, moaning and ill tempered and muttering delirium.
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~Isaiah 41:10
Deep Roots At Home now has a PODCAST! We are covering everything from vaccines, parenting topics, alternative medicine. Head over today and like, share and download a few episodes! https://buff.ly/3KmTZZd
I’m still on FB but shadow-banned hard… If you want to stay connected, here is one way…
©2023 Deep Roots at Home • All Rights Reserved