Parents have been asking for dosages for their children’s supplementation. These resources are intended for guidance only.
Caveat: this is not at all meant to replace a healthy lifestyle of pesticide-free, nutritious foods, wise time in the sun, fresh air and exercise, and adequate sleep and hydration (with water). Supplementation will likely end up just a bandaid if the critical basics aren’t met, so it is always best practice (as best you can afford) to attend to the foundations first.
An immune system (at any age) that is nutritionally primed stands a better chance at minimizing both severity and duration of infection. We also see prevention of negative outcomes such as hospitalization and death.
Based on the Covidcon21.com Natural Prevention & Early Treatment Strategies for Health, I share this with you as a guide.
9 Key Nutrients to Prime Our Children’s and Teen’s Immune Systems
1. Vitamin C (buffered sodium ascorbate)
- 13 years old and up: 3,000 – 10,000mg/d: divided into two or 3 doses/day (product) (1/4 tsp. is ~1,000 mg) (this buffered form goes down easy, even when taken in higher doses)
- Children 6 – 12 (5,000mg/day) (product)
- Children 2 – 5 (2,000mg/day) (product)
Note: Best practice for appropriate dosing (for ALL AGES) is to start with 1 or 2,000 mg/day and add 1000mg every day until you get diarrhea. Whatever amount you took the day before loose stools occurred is the best dose for you to take daily. Every person is different: some have bowel tolerance of 2,000 mg/day, and some people daily take 20,000, 30,000, even 50,000 mg/day without loose stools or bowel tolerance ever occurs. To be clear, there is NO TOXIC dose of VIT C ever been determined, EVER. The best practice is to take as much daily that does not cause loose stools and stay on that indefinitely.
2. Vitamin E:
- Ages 13 and up: 200-600 IU (product)
- Ages 5 – 12: 100 IU (I can’t find a good liquid or chewable, but this little gelcap may work).
3. Vit D3 dosages:
- Children 13 and up: 10,000 IU ( for 14 Days) 5,000 IU (thereafter) (product)
- Children age 5 – 12: 5,000 IU (for 14 Days) 2,000 IU (thereafter) (product)
- Kids 1 – 4 need ~1,000 IU of vitamin D a day. (product)
- Babies – normally get enough in mother’s milk or 1/6th tsp of Cod Liver Oil rubbed on their tummy. (product)
4. Vit A dosages: See ‘True (Natural) Vitamin A Food Sources here:
- Children 5-13 and up: 5,000 IU (1 tablet)/day (product)
- For children who cannot take gelcaps: Vitamin A drops, (1 drop/d for 1 week short-term use)(1 drop = 5,025 IU of vitamin A)
- For children using Cod Liver Oil with natural (non-retinyl palmitate) Vit. A see TESTED CLO BRANDS and Dosage(s) here.
5. Zinc daily dosages (likely for a lifetime)
- Children 13-years-old and up, 30-40 mg. Zinc picolinate
- Children 5 to 12, 15-25 mg./day Zinc picolinate (or 4 pumps of this liquid product)
- Children ages 1 to 4, 1 pump of this liquid product
Note: Zinc is the intelligence mineral; it is required for optimal brain and neurological development. Zinc enables the body to make proteins and DNA and contributes to wound healing. It has antioxidant properties and plays an important role in cell-mediated immune function and modulates mRNA levels of cytokines.
- Children 13 and up: 500-2,000 mg/d. This 500 mg. product or this 1,000 mg. product
- Children 5-13: 250-500 mg/d. This 250 mg. capsule or this liquid product (3,000 mcg = 1,000 mg Oral Dose)
Note: Quercetin is an increasingly well-known plant compound with potent anti-inflammatory effects. We now know quercetin acts as a zinc-ionophore, increasing intracellular zinc concentrations and thus Quercetin working as an antiviral.
7. Multiple strains of Bifidobacterium dosages
- Adult: minimum 1-3 Billion CFU
- Children 5-13: minimum 1 Billion CFU (open capsule to add to food)
- Infants 6 months – 5 years old: minimum 1 Billion CFU (open capsule to add to food)
Note: Bifidobacterium is the first probiotic bacteria to colonize the intestinal tract in infants as they pass through the birth canal. These bacteria play a huge role in priming overall immunity, as well as improving gastrointestinal and skin conditions such as diarrhea, constipation, and eczema.
8. Don’t Forget Elderberry Syrup or Tincture
Every household should have elderberry on hand with its naturally high levels of Vit. C, Quercetin, and more.
9. Medical Grade Multivitamin
Children age 4 and up: Thorne Children’s Basic Nutrients has pantothenic acid (B5) over the minimum 50 mg. above in chart.
This high quality multi-vitamin has very small capsules and can be opened up and mixed with food, providing easy dosing for children of all ages.
[Thank you, Covidcon21.com for this helpful vetted information and permission to share it.]
“But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day. But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble.“ ~Proverbs 4: 18-19
I am only on FB now by the grace of God… if you want to stay connected, here is one way…