A very spry, elderly friend gave me this unusual recipe. She told me it’s an authentic Mexican medicine recipe from her childhood, and that her family made it (sans a Vitamix) by grinding it by hand. I made it the next day (with my Vitamix) because I was so intrigued, and we’ve been enjoying it ever since!
It’s both addictive —in a good away—and seriously fabulous for the immune system!
Mexican medicine is bubbly and beautiful, easy to make, and 1 recipe lasts a long time at just 1 TBSP a day per person.
Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, meaning your body can’t produce it, yet it’s known to give magnificent health benefits. It’s naturally occurring in many fruits and vegetables, that’s why it’s commonly advised to get your vitamin C intake from foods daily and forego the supplements.
Whooping cough or an emergency need like covid prevention would be just 2 instances when high dose Vitamin C supplementation would be in order.
The Broad Health Benefits of Vitamin C
- Increases your blood antioxidant levels by 30%. Helps the body fight inflammation which reduces risk of chronic disease. 
- Helps lower blood pressure.
- Nine studies (combined 293,172 participants) found 10 years later, people who took at least 700 mg. of Vitamin C daily had a 25% lower risk of heart disease than those who did not.
- A huge 20 year study found people who took a vitamin C supplement had a 44% lower gout risk and reduced blood uric acid levels.
- Just 100 mg of vitamin C improves iron absorption up to 67%. Vitamin C helps control anemia in children.
- Boosts immunity: Shortens wound healing time, increases white blood cells and T-cells, heals those with pneumonia and tuberculosis faster.
- Protects your memory and thinking as you age (2nd source) (3rd source)
Mexican medicine offers a fabulous array of other vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients in every ingredient making this a HIGH VITAMIN whole food.
Beside the lemons, onion, and raw garlic, the raw honey alone offers (source):
- help with weight loss and may cause an increase in insulin, an important hormone for controlling blood sugar
- anticancer and antioxidant properties
- increased energy
- cough relief
- antibacterial and antifungal properties
- increased speed in wound healing
Juanita’s High Potency Vitamin C Mexican Medicine Recipe
1 Recipe = 2 quart jars, each just over 3/4 full
- 10-12 organic lemons, peeled of their rind (or limes, if you prefer)
- 1 organic medium to large whole head of garlic, each clove peeled (you will not be able to taste it!)
- 1 large red, sweet onion (you will not be able to taste it!)
- 3 mandarin oranges, deseeded, for a boost of brilliant color and mellowing effect
- 1 – 1 ¼ cup raw local honey or manuka honey
- 2 – 2 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon, preferably organic
- 1 heaping teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt (for a wide range of trace minerals)
Directions for Mexican Medicine
Put all ingredients into your Vitamix tub (in batches if needed), cover, and blend into a thick slurry.
Pour onto the glass quart jars. Cap and refrigerate. Mexican medicine will store for 3 months, but the vitamin content will fall if kept that long.
Take it DAILY for a boost to your immune system, for prevention when exposed to illness, and for overall well-being.
Again, take 1 TBSP a day or divide by taking a heaping tsp both AM and PM.
So this is a great way to consume your raw garlic! Just about as good as my fermented garlic and honey recipe!
Deep Roots At Home now has a PODCAST! We are covering everything from vaccines, parenting topics, alternative medicine, and recently my horrible testimony of past abortion. So head over today and like, share and download a few episodes! https://buff.ly/3KmTZZd
I am only on FB now by the grace of God. The algorithms are set to make it hard for me to be seen there… If you want to stay connected, here is one way…