I had such a neat phone call several months ago with Jennifer, a Customer Service Rep at Tropical Traditions where we get our coconut oil products. She blessed me on several levels: she encouraged me with sincere affirming words, and when I asked about a good recipe using the coconut cream, she gave me her personal favorite recipe.
We made this easy and delicious healthy treat, and it is a real keeper! Just keep them refrigerated.
Coconut Cream Apple-Cinnamon Cups
- 1 Red or Green tart apple, diced and cored
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil (I used Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 2 teaspoons organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Coconut Cream Concentrate
- Remaining 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Raw Honey (do not heat to preserve the living enzymes in the raw honey)
- A sprinkle of Sea Salt, optional
- A few slivered blanched Almonds per patty, optional
Once soft, add the cinnamon. In a bowl of hot water, place your cup of Coconut Cream Concentrate and your additional tablespoon of coconut oil to soften for approximately 10 minutes. Make sure not to get water in your mixture.
Once your coconut cream and coconut oil are melted, add your honey and your sautéed apples.
Once mixed, pour them in the muffin liners, sprinkle with a smidgen of sea salt, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Tropical Traditions is America’s source for coconut oil. Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is handcrafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer.
You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on their website: What is Virgin Coconut Oil?
Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality coconut oil. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the advantages of buying coconut oil online. Since the FDA does not want us to discuss the health benefits of coconut oil on a page where it is being sold or given away, here is the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil.
I have also written a post about how coconut oil may benefit certain health conditions here.
Coconut Oil can be used in so many recipes! Here are a few ways that I have used it:
- It is a great replacement for olive oil in The Best Homemade Mayonnaise Ever.
- One of the main ingredients in Best Ever Homemade Chocolate Bonbons and Coconut Snowballs and other delicacies is coconut oil.
- The Best Power Bars Ever contain lots of coconut oil.
- The best pastry crust ever is made using coconut oil as 50% of the shortening (recipe originally called for Crisco or lard. We substituted half butter, half coconut oil). The crust used for the Cornish Pasty has received rave reviews wherever it is served!
- We use coconut cream concentrate in most of our smoothies.
- For most breakfasts, my daughter makes a variety of egg recipes, including omelets/frittatas, french toast, and egg-in-the-basket. She always uses coconut oil in the cast-iron skillet.
- Coconut oil can be used for sautéing and caramelizing greens and onions, frying potatoes, and pan frying meats. Here, we show how we make greens and onions with coconut oil.
- You can even use coconut oil in quick breads.
- We made the richest pie using coconut oil and chocolate for the filling and shredded coconut for the crust. 1 slice will be plenty!
I get my coconut oil products from Tropical Traditions. If you have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil which explains the story of how they discovered this high nutrient coconut oil and the many ways it can be used to support health. The book will be automatically added the first time you order. Click on the book to see what it includes!
Coconut oil is incredible! I want to share only the best products with my readers.
For Pinning and sharing:
Thanks for reading!