I had such a neat phone call several months ago with Jennifer, a Customer Service Rep at Nutiva where we get some of our coconut oil products. She blessed me on several levels: she encouraged me with sincere affirming words, and when I asked about a good recipe using the Coconut Cream Manna, she gave me her personal favorite recipe.
We made this easy and delicious healthy treat, and it is a real keeper! Just keep them refrigerated.
Coconut Cream Apple-Cinnamon Cups
- 1 large Red or Green tart apple, diced and cored
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil (I use Nutiva Organic, Unrefined, Virgin)
- 2 teaspoons organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Nutiva or comparable Coconut Manna (butter)
- Remaining 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Raw Honey (do not heat to preserve the living enzymes in the raw honey)
- A sprinkle of Sea Salt, optional
- A few slivered blanched Almonds per patty, optional
- Sauté the diced apple with the 3 TBSP of Coconut Oil until soft.
- Once the apples are soft, add the cinnamon.
- Place the measuring cup containing the Coconut Manna (butter) and your additional tablespoon of coconut oil into a bowl of hot water to soften for approximately 10 minutes. Make sure not to get water into your mixture.
- Once the coconut butter and coconut oil are melted, add the honey and sautéed apples.
- Incorporate well and pour the mixture into the muffin liners.
- Sprinkle with a smidgen of sea salt and slivered blanched almonds (optional).
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes until firm.
You will not want to take the Apple Cinnamon cups out of the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
I have also written a post about how coconut oil benefits certain health conditions here.
Coconut Oil & Coconut Cream can be used in many recipes!
Here are a few ways that I have used it:
- It is a great replacement for olive oil in The Best Homemade Mayonnaise Ever.
- One of the main ingredients in Best Ever Homemade Chocolate Bonbons and Coconut Snowballs and other delicacies is coconut oil.
- The Best Power Bars Ever contain lots of coconut oil.
- The best pastry crust ever is made using coconut oil as 50% of the shortening (recipe originally called for Crisco or lard. We substituted half butter, half coconut oil). The crust used for the Cornish Pasty has received rave reviews wherever it is served!
- We use coconut cream concentrate in most of our smoothies.
- For most breakfasts, my daughter makes a variety of egg recipes, including omelets/frittatas, French toast, and egg-in-the-basket. She always uses coconut oil in the cast-iron skillet.
- Coconut oil can be used for sautéing and caramelizing greens and onions, frying potatoes, and pan frying meats. Here, we show how we make greens and onions with coconut oil.
- You can even use coconut oil in quick breads.
- We made the richest pie using coconut oil and chocolate for the filling and shredded coconut for the crust. 1 slice will be plenty!
Coconut manna and coconut oil are incredible! I want to share only the best products with my readers.
©2023 Deep Roots at Home • All Rights Reserved