Food shortage claims have gone from “dangerous conspiracy theories” to mainstream news topics.
The huge hunger-relief organization Feeding America estimated that our country would be short 8 Billion meals by fall.
FOOD DISRUPTION: The U.S. Department of Agriculture released its monthly truck rate report with a dim outlook. Out of 23 specialty agriculture regions, 18 are experiencing a shortage in haulers. Nearly all domestically grown produce is impacted by these transportation downturns.
Consider that 73% of goods across the country are transported by truck. According to the ATA, the trucking industry was already 61,000 drivers short of demand back in 2019. Then the pandemic hit.
However the shortages are not just about food.
Gasoline, cars, computer chips, lumber, plastics, and paper products are all on the shortages lists. Chlorine for pools, oxygen for hospitals, plus labor workers are all in short supply.
There is currently even a pet food shortage.
Are you ready? Pray and ask the Lord how you can be and what to do first.
I urge you to take this opportunity to stock up on non-perishable food and essentials while prices are still relatively stable, because when the panic button is pushed it will be too late.
“MAG Mutual Assistance Group”. Use Duck Duck Go and research it to coordinate one in your community.
The mistake of stocking up on Standard American Diet (SAD) fare in a Food Shortage:
Conventional feed lot meat, processed food and oils, and conventional GMO grains and canned goods lead to a health nightmare, sickening you with clogged elimination pathways, foggy thinking, and poor immune response directly caused by nutritional deficiencies.
And MREs were intended for no more than 3 weeks and only in the worst survival conditions.
To ‘prep’ by storing these kinds of foods is the ultimate mistake when you want to really be able to function at peak.
Stock and grow HIGH nutritive foods even if they are not the norm for most. Those who do the opposite of the “normal” today will fare much better.
Nutrient dense foods build up our bodies.
Better Food Recommendations:
I recommend as the very basics:
- canned Alaskan pink Salmon (bone in, skin on), tinned bristling sardines in olive oil, chicken (Trader Joe’s)
- varieties of bulk organic dried beans (pinto, black, lentils, garbanzos, split peas, kidneys, etc.) (also organic refried and baked in cans with decent ingredients at Trader Joe’s)
- whole grains (millet, oat groats, quinoa, barley, rye, wild rice, wheat) (you will need a small grain mill)
- organic white rice (brown goes rancid too fast)
- all canned vegetables should be organic (it will be well worth it later)
- and consider Trader Joe’s canned organic coconut cream (instead of powdered antibiotic-laced conventional milk), amazing for its quality fat content and all your milk and baking needs
- raw nuts, nut butters (TJ’s raw almond butter tastes roasted, but isn’t, so it has all its natural Vit E, and doesn’t have the usual molds of PB. I get it unsalted and add back Himalayan salt myself.
- virgin coconut oil for all your fat needs
- himalayan salt, spices
Shelf life is very long!
There is a lot more in this post: My One-Stop Complete List To Be Prepared in an Uncertain World
I am keeping this short because time is of the essence now.
Below, I bulletpoint categories to make it easy to find what you want. I recommend you start an emergency binder and print or make a PDF of some of these resources.
Turn down your volume to start. It is 14 seconds of LOUD. I do NOT agree with everything he says, but there’s a lot of insight in this, esp between 20:00-27:00.
I have written about this before in some depth and refer you to these posts to get you started:
Quick Resources to Prepare for Food Shortage Now:
Books and Lists and steps to take:
- Prepper’s Booklist: Key Books & Tips For the Prepared Family
- My One-Stop Complete List To Be Prepared in an Uncertain World
- 10 Personal Steps To Take In the Midst of a Revolution
- Rain Barrel Ramblings: Clever Ways To Water the Garden & Be Prepared
- Water Without Electricity – The Frost-Free Bison Hand Pump
- Fluoride-Free Water Even If There’s NO Electricity: We Chose the Berkey
Food: & Health Supplements
- Food Storage: 10 Emergency Foods That Last Forever
- My Complete Guide To A Natural No-Side-Effect Medicine Cabinet
- Is There a Coming Food Shortage? Some Things to Consider Now
- Be Prepared: What to Do With Frozen Food When the Power Goes Down
Gardening: There are posts on:
- How to Build A Trellis,
- build 4′ x8′ Raised Garden Boxes,
- Plant Potatoes In the Home Garden,
- Start Sweet Potato Slips For Planting,
- build a Cold Frame for Plants That Defy Snow
You can search DRAH posts by using keywords! #garden #plant #tomato #prepare, etc.
What Can You Do in Your Suburban Backyard?
You might be surprised how much you can do in a small space. If you have some seeds saved for a worst-case scenario food shortage situation, that’s a great start… but do you know HOW TO GROW them?
Those aren’t magic beans from the Jack and the Beanstalk story. You have to practice growing your crops to get good at it (like anything). That means you need to be growing now, even small stuff helps build knowledge and lessens stress.
Don’t let the first time you try to grow your own food be when you’re already starving. START NOW
Our favorite varieties are Emerite and Kentucky Wonder. Both are heirlooms, so not GMO. You can save these seeds by drying them out and replant next year vs. buying seeds over and over from these huge seed companies at outrageous prices. If you understood the markup on seeds… you’d see why companies don’t want you saving your own.
“If you control the food supply, you control the people.” ~Henry Kissinger
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” ~John 16:33
Jacque’s Update: Facebook and social media platforms are cracking down on Conservative/holistic health content. Many of you have complained that you never see our content in your news feeds on social media. There’s only one way to fight back — and that’s by joining my FREE newsletter. Click here.