22 New Things To Do In 2022
(Call the list that follows ‘New Year’s Resolutions’ if you’d like — this quick collection of health prompts is by Kate Tietje, and I have added some thoughts of my own.)
1. Cut out food dyes (dyes are bad for you, and there are natural options)
2. Stop buying pre-shredded cheese (it is covered in natamycin, an anti-mold chemical)
5. Get a nebulizer and a few inexpensive things to have on hand (it is the single most effective strategy if you have a respiratory issue and can nip any infection in the bud).
6. Walk outside barefoot often (grounding can reduce anxiety and support your immune system)
7. Drink more water (many of us don’t get enough, and water hydrates your body, naturally detoxes you, and can help balance your appetite)
8. Stop using sunscreen (if you must, choose a natural mineral-based option). Your skin does not make vitamin D if you wear chemical-laden synthetic sunscreen. Tip: Astaxanthin, 1/day orally blocks damaging rays and it’s anti-aging.
9. Reduce or avoid sugar (there’s no benefit to bleached, white sugar; it’s completely devoid of nutrients. Minimize natural sugars, because sugar is addictive and affects your metabolic health)
10. Get 10 – 22 minutes of sun everyday (it’s the best source of vitamin D) or get your Vit D levels taken.
13. Go to bed when you’re tired (the dishes will wait another day; your health matters)
14. Learn to say no — sometimes (help people where you can, but don’t violate your own family boundaries to do it)
16. Wild craft herbs from your yard, if possible (dandelions are a good place to start; the whole plant is edible: roots and leaves and flowers (fritters). Good for your liver and rich in vitamins and minerals.
17. Learn to make a new recipe (find something that you love premade and figure out how to make it yourself, it will be healthier and probably tastier!)
18. Make DIY bone or vegetable broth (incorporate onions, garlic, ginger, bay leaves, astragalus root, and mushrooms for immune support and flavor)
22. Embrace positive thoughts and look for the good as much as you can (we’ve all been through a lot in the last two years especially; it’s time to move on from it all and do better)
Here are 6 more for whatever year it is I’d add to this list:
23. Read the Bible daily.
24. Go makeup free more days (you’re beautiful just the way you are, and mainstream makeup contains a lot of unsafe ingredients!)
26. Learn how to make a medicinal tincture.
27. Store up some basic food to have on hand in a crisis.
28. Gather a few key hard copy books to be better prepared or PRINT key articles that are important to you.
“Natural immunity is a gift from God and critical to long term health, so protect it! It’s time to take back control of our own health.” ~Jacqueline
Deep Roots At Home now has a PODCAST! We are covering everything from vaccines, parenting topics, alternative medicine. Head over today and like, share and download a few episodes! https://buff.ly/3KmTZZd
I’m still on FB but shadow-banned hard… If you want to stay connected, here is one way…
And please join me for my FREE newsletter. Click here.